Welcome toALIA AL FARSI
An accomplished and unconventional artist who is constantly inspired by her muse Oman. She has challenged artistic inhibitions and continues to explore new frontiers for her self-fulfillment and in pursuing her artistic mission and quest. Alia sees the intrinsic beauty in all things and relishes the experience of bringing out the true essence of diverse materials, which explains French poetry in her paintings to Cambodian textiles, Omani artifacts and coins. Weaving these into a harmonious story relying on her spiritual side and admiration for the philosophies of Sufism.
She has held solo exhibitions in Tokyo, Dubai, Paris, Seoul, Brussels, and has exhibited at Venice Biennale in addition to over 20 countries. Her works include large-scale paintings, objects, furniture and installations. Her work has been auctioned at Christies and is displayed at Museums including Bait Al-Zubair,Ghalia’s Museumof Modern Art , the Arab World Institute in Paris, and Museum of Vienna.
She is also the recipient of numerous awards. She obtained an MBA from Bedfordshire University and has explored graphic design at Central Saint Martin. An active participant in social media, she sees the potential of using these new media frontiers for spreading her message to art connoisseurs around the world.
Her recent foray into furniture, sculptures, installations, and object painting allows her to showcase and express her talent beyond two-dimensional settings of the canvas. Complex pieces with multi-faceted subjects sit next to paintings that use old coins and textiles from the Far East. Her strong spiritual grounding and interest in the philosophies of Sufism is captured in the movements, facial expressions and reflective looks of her paintings.
Solo Exhibition 'Zenith of Solitude'' at Bait Al-Baranda museum.
Solo Exhibition at Ghalia's Museum of Modern Art
Solo Exhibition at the Arab World Institute
Solo Exhibition, Belgium
Solo Exhibition, ''Communique Celestial"
Solo Exhibition '' Alia's Sky'' at Royal Opera House.
Solo Exhibition "'Manifestations'' invitation from the Omani Ministry of Information.
Solo Exhibition "Preeminence" at Empty Quarter Gallery.
Solo Exhibition "hug between letter and color" with the participation of renowned writer and novelist Waciny Laredj
Solo Exhibition "Strings & love" with renowned writer Ahlam Mosteghanemi and renowned calligrapher Abderrazak Hamouda.
CERTIFICATES & AWARDS
- Selected as one of the top Arab Women
- Website awarded Gold Award at Oman Tech Awards 2016
- App awarded App of the Year at Oman Tech Awards 2016
- Judge of Ministry of Defense Art Competition 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
- 3rd Place, The Annual Exhibition of the Fine Arts Society 2010
- 1st Place, Dr. Suad Al Sabah Award, Kuwait 2010
- Plaque, Personal Art Workshop, Museum of Modern Art, Kuwait, 2010
- Certificate for being part of the Judging Panel of the Graduates of Scientific Design College, 2009
- Grand Prize, The Annual Exhibition of the Fine Arts Society, 2009
- Beijing Olympic torch plaque, 2008
- Plaque, The Omani Cultural Week, Jordan 2002
- Plaque, Muscat Festival, 2000
- Medal, The GCC Fine Arts Exhibition, Qatar 1999
- 2nd Prize, Omani Cultural Week, 1999